I recommend you subscribe to the WP Musketeer email course on starting and running an online business if you want to get the nitty gritty on my choice of tools. The Online Business Core course is in ten parts and describes the various tasks required to start, maintain and successfully market a product or service in the digital realm.
If you’ve already taken the course, or if you’re impatient and want to jump ahead to see the tools I use and the resources I make use of, read on…
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links – but rest assured, there is nothing here that I don’t genuinely use and recommend.
Web design & development
- Hosting – WP Engine (get 2 months free on annual plans)
- Local development server – DesktopServer
- Content Management System (CMS) – WordPress
- Theme framework – Genesis
- All-in-one development framework (inc. WordPress, child theme, DesktopServer Blueprint and Gulp automation) – Musket
- Tutorials – Pippin’s Plugins, Bill Erickson, Sridhar Katakam
- Physical products – WooCommerce
- Digital products – Easy Digital Downloads
- Payment processor – Stripe
- WooCommerce Memberships
- Accounting – Freeagent