And I have kick ass (some might say weird) facial hair.
Apparently I look like a Musketeer. Hence the name.
I’ve been building websites since my early teens. It started with a Quake clan site. If you know what that means then:
- You can can take a stab at my age
- You probably weren’t the most popular kid in school
I studied in the visual arts but always leaned towards tech and building for the web. In the years since leaving education I have:
- freelanced as a web developer and graphic designer
- spent 8 years in the marketing department of a national drinks manufacturer
- owned my own one-man web agency and online consultancy (my attitude towards web agencies has changed)
- worked in-house at small businesses on web development and online marketing
During that time I’ve worked with everyone from local professional services firms, to companies selling helicopters, to transnational corporations such as Nestlé, Unilever, Cadbury and Kraft.
I’ve seen first-hand the financial clout the big firms can wield. I’ve also experienced the treacle like speed at which these behemoths operate. There is every opportunity for small and nimble hard-working companies to beat them at their own game. You just need to engage with a community of people who are eager for your product or service – something you can do that a faceless corporation can’t…
Let’s keep in touch
I’ve leaked the secret sauce to online success… building a community. And of course, that’s what I’m doing with WP Musketeer (so meta!).
I’d love you to jump on board. I’ll share my hard won tips, tricks and technologies and am keen to learn more from your experiences.
You can sign up for email notifications and the Online Business Core course using the form below (it’s free). Or you can head over to the Member Area and join (again, it’s free) to get access to the good stuff right away.